Join Instructor Emily Carter Mitchell and Marie Joabar for an adventure weekend filled with amazing wildflowers, cascading waterfalls and plenty of wildlife opportunities.
Our Photo Ops
June in Shenandoah Park is a wildlife experience you won’t want to miss. Join us and explore one of the best known areas for finding plenty of adult deer but the real treat will be the fawns nestled in the meadow. If we’re lucky we may spot a bear or two as well.
We’ll enjoy capturing waterfalls and cascades, taking hikes and enjoying nature on quiet trails, we’ll keep our eyes and ears tuned for songbirds to photograph and we’ll capture gorgeous sunsets and mountain ridges against the pinks, purples and blues of the evening sky.
Everyone will come away from this workshop with amazing images and wonderful memories.
- The Workshop begins on Friday, June 12th at 1pm and runs until Sunday, June 14th at 12pm. There will be an introduction and orientation session for the weekend starting at 1:00, after which you can check in.
- This workshop is specifically designed to maximize our time in the field photographing, learning in a hands-on, real world fashion.
- The group size is purposely being kept small at just 9 students with 2 instructors so that everyone will be able to get questions answered and have time for one on one instruction.
- We will be shooting on Friday before and after dinner nearby. Each day we’ll get out very early to make the most of the morning light on the meadow and we’ll work in a sunset each evening as well.
- There will be a little down time each afternoon when you can relax or take a nap.
- Transportation to and from Shenandoah is not included in the workshop fee and participants are responsible to get there on their own. If driving, it’s about a 2 hour drive from the DC area.
- We will carpool in the Park when needed.
In order to get the most out of this workshop, you should be in moderately fit condition and be able to hike on rocky terrain and scramble over some small boulders with your gear to get to the best vantage points for photographing. If you have questions or concerns about this please contact Marie Joabar and she can discuss with you.
Lodging is not included in the price of this workshop but rooms have been set aside for our group.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at email@example.com
We’re really looking forward to this workshop and hope you will join us there.