Join Instructor Emily Carter Mitchell and Marie Joabar in the Shenandoah for an amazing fall themed workshop. Autumn in the Park is the ultimate destination for glorious fall color that landscape photographers dream of.
We’ll take advantage of all the photographic opportunities that Shenandoah offers from sweeping meadows, captivating waterfalls, broad mountain vistas and intimate fall captures. Working at the edge of daylight, we’ll capture gorgeous sunsets and mountain ridges against the pinks, purples and blues of the evening sky.
Everyone will come away from this workshop with a camera full of beautiful fall images and a few new techniques under their belt!
- The Workshop begins on Thursday, Oct 14 at 4pm and runs until Saturday, Oct 16 14th at 1pm. There will be an introduction and orientation session on a weeknight evening prior to the workshop via Zoom.
- This workshop is specifically designed to maximize our time in the field photographing, learning in a hands-on, real world fashion.
- The group size is purposely being kept small at just 9-10 students with 2 instructors so that everyone will be able to get questions answered and have time for one on one instruction.
- We will be shooting on Thursday before binner and possibly afterwards too. Each day we’ll get out very early to make the most of the morning light and we’ll work in a sunset too.
- There will be a little down time in the afternoon when you can relax or take a nap.
- Transportation to and from the workshop is not included in the workshop fee and participants are responsible to get there on their own. If driving, it’s about a 2 hour drive from the DC area.
- We will carpool in the Park when needed.
In order to participate in this workshop, you should be in moderately fit condition and be able to hike on rocky terrain and scramble over small boulders with your gear to get to the best vantage points for photographing. If you have questions or concerns about this please contact Marie Joabar and she can discuss with you.
Lodging is not included in the price of this workshop but rooms have been set aside for our group. The prices range from $197 to $252 for 2 double beds or a queen bed (not including taxes and fee). Details about this will be in the confirmation letter.
We would like to dine as a group as often as we can and have planned accordingly. Meals are not included in the fee for this workshop and participants will pay for their separately.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- A refund or a credit towards another workshop or class (less a $25 processing fee) can be given if cancellation notice is given more than 45 days from the scheduled workshop.
- If cancellation notice is given less than 45 days, no refund or credit will be given unless another person fills your spot. If so, we will give a refund or credit less 10%.
- If there is no cancellation notice, or it is given 45 days or less and no one fills the spot, no refund or credit will be given.
- If Capital Photography Center cancels or postpones a workshop due to weather or low enrollment, you can choose a full refund or a credit towards a future workshop or class.
COVID-19 Safety Practices: We are following the CDC Guidelines; masks are optional for those who are vaccinated, they should be worn by those who are not.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at firstname.lastname@example.org