New Location in Maryland
Discover the secrets to capturing stunning portraits that showcase your unique style and vision in our comprehensive class, "Getting Started in Portraiture." Unleash your creativity as you learn to produce high-quality, aesthetically pleasing portrait images that leave a lasting impression.
In this interactive course, you'll gain essential skills to excel in portraiture, including expert control over camera settings, composition, posing, expression, and lighting. Learn to wield natural window light and continuous studio lights with finesse, mastering the art of manipulating light and shadows for impeccable results.
Our experienced instructors will cover an array of exciting topics, including:
- Baseline camera settings for portraiture* (white balance, ISO, f/stop, Shutter Speed)
- Composition techniques to enhance your images (hand placement, camera angle, filling the frame)
- The do's and don'ts of posing to bring out the best in your subjects
- Evoking genuine expressions to add emotion and depth to your portraits
- Skillful control of light to achieve the desired mood and ambiance
- Harnessing the power of natural window light for captivating portraits
- Utilizing continuous studio lights for seamless professional results
- Techniques for manipulating shadows to achieve the desired effect
- Correcting White Balance using a gray card in Lightroom for precise color accuracy
Unlock your true potential as a portrait photographer and create stunning images that stand out from the crowd. Enroll in our photography class today to embark on an inspiring journey in the world of portraiture!
Participants will get the most out of this class if they have a solid understanding of exposure basics and are comfortable working in either Aperture Priority mode or Manual mode.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at email@example.com.
Class Limit: 8-10
What People Are Saying About Aaron
"Terrific class....learned so much!
“This was a great class and everything Aaron shared was useful.”
“Aaron was outstanding! He clearly has a passion for portraits and is able to share his knowledge in a fun and engaging way.”
“Excellent Course!! Aaron was highly effective and engaging.”
"Aaron is very knowledgeable and experienced and it’s obvious that he likes helping people learn."
"Thanks to Aaron, this class was a great introduction to portraiture, posing and lighting."
Instructor: Aaron Clamage
Based in Washington, DC, Aaron Clamage specializes in editorial, portrait, corporate and event photography.
Growing up as the son of a successful filmmaker has informed the way Aaron approaches photography. Whether capturing an intimate portrait or documenting an event, he always has the same approach. Assemble and craft the pieces, but let the subject do the talking.
Aaron’s work has been published nationally and internationally. Some of his clients include The Washington Post, NBC, The Kennedy Center Honors, Scholastic Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, PBS, Linkedin, GM, The Sierra Club, American Girl Magazine, L’Oreal and The National Academy of Sciences.
Aaron's work can be viewed on his website: www.clamagephoto.com
Aaron teaches the following classes for Capital Photography Center:
* Editorial Portraiture
* Photographing Events In-The-Field
* And more