Join Professional Photographer Tony Ventouris in this hands-on class and learn how to record videos with your DSLR or Mirrorless camera. Whether you’re looking to capture family fun, make documentaries, or be the next YouTuber star, this class will lay a solid foundation.
- Transitioning from photo to video; Motion, transitions and sound.
- Settings: Frame rate, aspects, shutter, aperture, ISO, white balance, ND & filters, and color profile.
- Operation: Lenses, focus, stabilization, movement.
- Audio: Basics of capturing audio and various methods. Covers mics, internal & external recording, and outdoor issues like wind.
- Files & Storage: Memory cards & speed, file sizes and split files, recording limits, HDMI output.
- Editing Overview and Demo. Clips, timelines, transitions, audio, and exporting. Geared towards any software.
We begin indoors to cover the topics listed above and then head outdoors to do some video recording. Back indoors, Tony will cover troubleshooting tips so students can feel confident capturing video on their own.
Note - Our DC classroom has been completely remodeled and is a huge space giving everyone room to really spread out.
Students will be required to follow COVID-19 Safety Practices, conduct a Self-Screening Health Assessment and sign a Waiver of Liability prior to attending a class. These items can be reviewed on the class registration page.
Class Limit: 8
Instructor: Tony Ventouris
Silver Spring, Maryland based commercial photographer Tony Ventouris has been creating unique and inspirational images for his clients since 2007. His clients, ranging from local entrepreneurs to global brands, trust him for his specialty with architectural, product, and portrait photography. Tony’s unique background in business, audio, video, and photography combine to offer a comprehensive and insightful approach to creating media that works.
Outside of client work, Tony combines his photographic talents with his passion for the arts, science, and the natural world to produce personal work that takes the viewer into an elevated sense of wonder. Tony’s recent series of natural mandalas draw a deep influence from Eastern philosophies while playing with the concepts of symmetry, form, and fractals.
Tony is also the creative force behind the website and blog UnlockingOlympus.com. A website dedicated to the unique world of Olympus cameras.