Join Instructors Lori Lankford and Marie Joabar in Charleston SC and explore the charm of this lovely town in springtime.
Our Photo Ops In Charleston
Charleston South Carolina is a seaside town steeped in rich history. Spring is one of the best times to visit the low country as the city is bathed in spring color and the weather is perfect.
This workshop will explore the civil war era homes and churches, and cobblestone streets of historic Charleston.
We’ll experience the iconic plantations and capture the gardens filled with azaleas and the trails of live oak trees.
Visiting several coastal towns we will capture colorful sunrises and beautiful sunsets as well as some iconic piers. We’ll also enjoy a variety of birds, wetlands and grasslands.
Join us and photograph these charming spots.
- Historic Downtown Charleston
- Sullivan’s Island and Folly Beach
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- Middletown Place
- Brookgreen Gardens
- Huntington Beach State Park
Everyone will come away from this workshop with amazing images and wonderful memories.
- Wednesday, March 30th through Sunday, April 3rd, 2022
- The Workshop begins on Wednesday evening March 30th at 5:00pm with a group dinner followed by a sunset shoot.
- We will be shooting first thing Thursday morning and the workshop continues through early Sunday morning, April 3rd, after which we will check out.
- There will be a little down time each afternoon when you can relax, take a nap, or explore the area around the Hotel.
- $1450 per person. Includes all park entrance fees.
- A deposit of $500 deposit will hold your spot. For those signing up after 2121, the balance of $950 will be due by Jan 30, 2022.
- Meals are not included in the fee. Plan to enjoy some meals as a group at restaurants in the area.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any non-refundable registration fees, travel, lodging, equipment rental or any other related expenses.
Accommodations (not included in the Workshop fee)
Rooms have been set aside for our group at a beautiful hotel in the heart of the city. More details will be in your confirmation letter. The hotel and run about $250 per night not including tax and fees and participants will need to contact the hotel to make a deposit to secure their room.
The hotel features a wonderful restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- This workshop is specifically designed to maximize our time in the field photographing, learning in a hands-on, real world fashion. We will be identifying and solving photographic problems in the field as they come up.
- The group size is purposely being kept small at just 8-10 students with 2 instructors so that everyone will be able to get questions answered and have time for one on one instruction.
- Digital camera with manual exposure controls.
- Lenses from wide angle (at least 18mm but wider if you have it) to telephoto of at least 200mm. If you have a macro lens bring it.
- Circular Polarizing filter
- Neutral Density filter - either a Variable or a 6 stop or 10 stop for long exposures.
- Strong sturdy tripod and head with remote trigger.
- Laptop if you would like to download your images during the workshop.
We recommend you have some knowledge of exposure basics and are somewhat comfortable with your camera. You won’t want to use the time at the workshop to learn photo basics or the basic functions of your camera. However, Lori and Marie will be available in the field with suggestions about exposure, composition and techniques or if there is a camera setting you are unsure of.
- Transportation to and from Charleston is not included in the workshop fee and participants are responsible to get there on their own. If driving, it’s about a 8-9 hour drive from the DC area. If flying, use the Charleston International Airport, about 15 miles away from Charleston. There are cab and Uber options to get you to Charleston.
- We will provide transportation during the workshop. If anyone is driving, we might ask if you would be willing to take a few passengers in your car as we explore and if so, we will provide some type of compensation for this.
In order to get the most out of this workshop, you should be able to walk about 2 to 3 miles per day. The land will mainly be flat but we will cover a lot of ground. If you have questions or concerns about this please contact Marie Joabar and she can discuss with you.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at email@example.com
We’re really looking forward to this workshop and hope you will join us there.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- A refund or a credit towards another workshop or class (less a 5% processing fee) can be given if cancellation notice is given more than 60 days from the scheduled workshop.
- If cancellation notice is given less than 60 days, no refund or credit will be given unless another person fills your spot. If so, we will give a refund or credit for 80% of your initial deposit.
- If there is no cancellation notice, or it is given 60 days or less and no one fills the spot, no refund or credit will be given.
- Please consider purchasing travel insurance in case something unavoidable comes up and ruins your plans. This article from Forbes provides helpful information.
- If Capital Photography Center cancels or postpones a workshop due to weather or low enrollment, you can choose a refund less 4% payment handling fee or a full credit towards a future workshop or class.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Limit 8 to10 participants with 2 instructors.
What People Are Saying About Lori
"Lori has opened a new door for me!! I am so excited. I hope to learn more from her in the future. Looking forward to the next class."
"I've taken two photography classes with Lori and both were exceptional. Her classes have a great mix of both lecture and practical exercises which really enhances the learning experience. Lori is an outstanding teacher who is passionate about her craft and passionate about teaching others the art of photography."
“Lori's classes were exceptional in every respect - her enthusiasm was contagious; her preparation always exceeded expectations; class activities and assignments were challenging and motivating; and, her feedback was constructive and right on target. I certainly plan on attending any upcoming workshops that Lori conducts.”
Instructor: Lori Lankford
Lori Lankford is a photographer specializing in macro, flower and landscape photography. Her passion for photography began as a way to capture her personal travel adventures. Over the years she dived into the fine details of macro and flower photography. She loves to escape so deeply into the details of a tiny object. Lori spends her free time in local gardens across the country shooting in the natural light and capturing its beauty. Lori’s work has been exhibited in local and national gallery exhibits as well as in printed calendars and catalogs.
Lori has a love for teaching and sharing her passion for nature. She leads workshops in the Virginia/DC area. You can learn more about Lori on her website, www.lorilankford.com.
Lori teaches the following classes for Capital Photography Center:
- Creative Close-ups
- Creative Editing with Photoshop
- iPad/iOS Creative Editing Course
- And many others