Sold Out - Accepting waitlist names.
Join us in Maine in the fall and explore the beauty of Acadia National Park.
Our Photo Ops In The Acadia Area
The Acadia National Park area on Mount Desert Island, Maine is a photographer’s paradise! Join Instructors Marie Joabar and Kim Kelly and explore Bar Harbor and the best of Acadia including Cadillac Mountain, Jordan Pond, Jordan Pond, Otter Cliffs, Sand Beach and more, all framed in beautiful l autumn color. Discover the ‘Quiet Side’ of Acadia and capture classic harbor views, fall color in along the lakes and from the overlooks and so much more.
We’ve got an exciting itinerary planned to photograph some of the more iconic locations as well as some hidden gems. We’ll be out shooting gorgeous sunrises and will also capture some colorful sunsets. Everyone will come away from this workshop with amazing images and wonderful memories.
- Wednesday, October 11 through Sunday, October 15, 2023
- The Workshop begins on Wednesday evening October at 5pm. This will be an introduction and orientation session for the week.
- We will be shooting first thing Thursday morning and the workshop continues through early Sunday morning, October 15, for a full 3 1/2 days of shooting.
- There will be a little down time each afternoon when you can relax, take a nap, or explore the area around the Inn.
- This workshop is specifically designed to maximize our time in the field photographing, learning in a hands-on, real world fashion. We will be identifying and solving photographic problems in the field as they come up.
- The group size is purposely being kept small at 8-10 students with 2 instructors so that everyone will be able to get questions answered and have time for one on one instruction.
- Transportation to and from Maine is not included in the workshop fee and participants are responsible to get there on their own. If driving, it’s about a 13 hour drive from the DC area. If flying, use Bangor Maine International Airport (about 1 hour 15 minutes away).
- There is a shuttle from the Airport to Bar Harbor and we will try to coordinate transportation to our lodgings.
- When the workshop is over on 10/15, we will help coordiate a shuttle back to the Bangor Airport at a specific time, most likely early afternoon.
- We will ride share during the workshop. If you have a car with you we might ask if you mind to take people in your car as we travel around.
In order to get the most out of this workshop, you should be in moderately fit condition and be able to hike on rocky terrain and scramble over some small boulders with your gear to get to the best vantage points for photographing. If you have questions or concerns about this please contact Marie Joabar and she can discuss with you.
- Meals other than breakfast at the Inn are not included in the fee. Plan to enjoy meals as a group at several restaurants in the area.
Included in the price is 4 nights lodging at a lovely bed and breakfast on Mount Desert Island. The Inn offers 11 beautiful guest rooms and suites and features a large deck, lovely gardens and all just a short walk to views of lobster boats and sailing yachts. Included with our stay is an incredible breakfast daily.
Rooms are pre-reserved and assigned as first come, first served. Options include:
· a single cottage room with private bath
· shared cottage room with separate bedrooms and one bath
· or shared bedroom with separate beds and a shared bath
The workshop cost is based on the accommodations you choose. We will try to meet everyone’s needs but the type of room is limited so act quickly to secure your preference. See the Fee section below for pricing on each option.
A deposit of $500 will hold your spot and the balance will be due by 7/1/23.
- The workshop fee is based on the accommodations you choose.
- The quantity of each room type is very limited and we cannot promise we can meet everyone’s request although we’ll try.
- All fees listed are per person.
- $2750 - Accommodations are not shared - 1 person, single bedroom, private bath.
- $2450 - Accommodations are shared - 2 people, separate bedrooms, share bath. Only 1 unit available of this type. If you choose this option, we will pair you with a roommate. We will only pair women with other women and men with other men.
- $2235 - Accommodations are shared - 2 people share a bedroom, separate beds, share bath. Only 1 unit available of this type. This would be nice for 2 friends traveling together.
- $2235 - Accommodations are for a couple (ie husband wife or partners) who are both participating in the workshop. Accommodations are a single bedroom, one bed, private bath.
We’re really looking forward to this workshop and hope you will join us there.
Questions can be directed to Marie Joabar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Marie Joabar and Kim Kelly
Marie Joabar enjoys photographing nature landscapes, cityscapes and the beautiful outdoors. She has been to Maine several times and is looking forward to exploring it with the workshop participants in the fall. Marie is extremely knowledgeable with cameras and the technical settings they offer and loves helping people get more familiar and comfortable with their equipment.
Kim Kelly is an outdoor photographer well known for her stunning maritime photographs as well as her landscape and nature photography. Kim loves the sense of adventure and discovering lesser known destinations. She has been to Maine many times and knows some of the best spots for amazing photos of the area.
Together, Marie and Kim will offer advice and expertise to help you photograph all that Acadia has to offer and come away with amazing images.